Have you wanted to start a classroom business and don’t know where to start? Or, maybe you aren’t sure what type of business you want to start. Throughout this series, I will share classroom businesses created in my classroom and district. I hope this encourages you to start your own classroom business.
To start, brainstorm with your paras and other team members about what type of business you want to create in your classroom. Here are some questions to ask to get you started in the right direction:
- What will be sold?
- Approximately how much money would be needed to start?
- What items will be needed?
- Can there be items donated?
- What will you do with the earnings?
- How will students play a part in the business?
- What types of jobs will be created within the business?
Next, present your proposal to your administrators for approval. Use your list of questions and answers to help you prepare the proposal and give all of your great ideas!
Finally, it is time to get to work. It takes time, in the beginning to get everything set up, but once the behind-the-scenes work is complete, running the business will be a breeze.
Implementing a student-run business opens the door to many opportunities for your students. Stay tuned as I dive more in-depth into the classroom businesses.
- Vocational Job Series Part 2: Filing Tasks How-To - March 17, 2023
- Vocational Job Series Part 1: Stocking How-To and Freebie - March 3, 2023
- VB-MAPP: Organizing Materials for Assessment - February 17, 2023