The Autism Helper Membership Year 2
Year 2 Membership Objectives
- Define reinforcement and list 3 ways it can be used incorrectly.
- Describe how to create parent surveys for parent collaboration and identify why it is important.
- Define token economy and list strategies for using a token economy effectively.
- Explain the importance of homework and list 3 ways to develop an easy homework system.
- List and explain the steps in Behavior Skills Training.
- Describe how to set up an ideal parent teacher conference and list 3 strategies for sharing student progress with parents.
- Define learning channels and list ways they can be utilized when writing goals or programs.
- Define replacement behaviors and explain the importance related to reducing negative behaviors.
- List executive functioning skills and 3 ways to build these skills at home.
- List 3 considerations for ethically and comprehensively addressing challenging behavior.
- Identify specific considerations when addressing challenging behaviors in the home setting.
- List 3 strategies for fading prompts within the home environment. Define prompt fading.
- Explain the importance of play.
- List 3 strategies for including parents appropriately during an IEP meeting.
- List 3 major components of IDEA.
Year 2 Membership Agenda
September (46 minutes)
- Parent Surveys
- Diving Deeper into Reinforcement (Expert Interview)
October (58 minutes)
- Tackling Token Economies (Expert Interview)
November (39 minutes)
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Behavior Skills Training (Expert Interview)
December (56 minutes)
- Sharing Progress with Parents/Families
- Learning Channels (Expert Interview)
January (58 minutes)
- Addressing Executive Function Challenges at Home
- Replacement Behaviors (Expert Interview)
February (59 minutes)
- Addressing Behaviors at Home
- 3 Steps to Compassion: Addressing Challenging Behaviors (Expert Interview)
March (49 minutes)
- Fading Prompts at Home
- The Play Project and the Power of Play (Expert Interview)
April (53 minutes)
- Parents and the IEP Team
- The Nuts and Bolts of Individual with Disabilities Act (IDEA) of 2006 (Expert Interview)
May (79 minutes)
- Working on Leisure Skills at Home
- The Sensory System (Expert Interview)