My students and I love holidays in our classroom. Holidays allow us to build lasting memories and they are a GREAT reason to have a party! Holiday parties are fun and exciting, however they can be very challenging for my students because of the change in schedule/routine, unpredictable activities, and sometimes too much down time. To help keep our parties structured and fun (and low prep for me), I use the Thanksgiving Class Party Setup Kit from The Autism Helper. This kit is the easiest to prep and it ensures that our class party is successful and fun!
- Directions including shopping and material list
- An overall list of centers
- Schedule and group list to organize rotations
- Student visual mini schedules
- Visual directions for each station
- Materials for each activity
- 4 station and 5 stations option
These resources do not require laminating, unless you’d like to, of course! Now, let me show you each resource and how I use it in my classroom:
Directions Including Shopping and Material List:
Overall List of Centers:
- Pro Tip: I show this list to my paraprofessionals ahead of time and have them choose which station they would like to prep for and implement during the party.
Schedule and Group List:
Visual Student Mini Schedules:
Visual Directions for Each Station:
Materials for Activities:
4 Station and 5 Station Option:
- Pro Tip: I don’t always have enough staff to run 5 rotations during our class parties so I like to invite parents/caregivers and service providers to join and help.
I hope you feel ready to have your very own Thanksgiving party with your students – you won’t regret it. If you still need convincing, read Tips for Throwing a Behavior-Free Class Party from Sasha. You can get the Class Party Set Up Kit on The Autism Helper Store!
Let me know in the comments what you are most looking forward to during your Thanksgiving class party. Feel free to ask any questions and I will get back to you. Thanks for reading!