So in all my planning and anticipation of the start of my school year, I started thinking of my welcome packet that I send home the first week. I like to include any and every permission form I can think of at that time. Once you have parents’ attention – may as well get all of the forms done!
Here is what I usually include:
- welcome letter
- supply list
- start of year questionnaire
- life skills rating form
- Donors Choose photo permission slip
- walking field trip permission slip (I do one walking field trip permission slip for the year for when we go on walks in the neighborhood to practice crossing street, etc.)
- my school’s photo/video permission slip
- hygiene permission slip (I make up a form so parents can provide consent that we work on hygiene tasks in school – brush teeth, wash face, deodorant, etc.)
- data share permission slip (since I am in grade school, I sometimes share my students’ data with my professors and classmates – I keep all student data anonymous)
I think that’s it! There may be a few others – but those are the main ones! I thought I would provide you guys with a free download of my start of year questionnaire and life skills rating forms. They give a great insight into your students’ home life and provides some invaluable information!
What information/permission slips do you send home the first day of school?