A successful business thrives off of productivity, efficiency, and effective team management. In this episode learn how to apply popular business and productivity life hacks and philosophies to your classroom. Grab some actionable takeaways that can be added into your work day immediately.
8 Business Strategies to Apply to Your Classroom:
- Eat the frog: “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.” Mark Twain
- 80/20 Principle: 20 percent of your activities will account for 80 percent of your results.
- Delegate Effectively: “Delegation requires the willingness to pay for short term failure in order to gain long term competency.” Dave Ramsey
- BHAG: Big hairy audacious goals.
- Time Blocking: Things will take the amount of the time that you give it.
- Schedule email time: Do not let your email control your time.
- “Bitch” Up: Complain or vent only to people above you.
- Sandwich Feedback: Provide feedback in a specific order to highlight positive things a staff member is doing and where some improvement can be made.
Why Schools Aren’t Business: the Blueberry Story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2013/07/09/why-schools-arent-businesses-the-blueberry-story/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4135908b8643
Eat That Frog: https://www.amazon.com/Eat-That-Frog-Twenty-one-Procrastinating/dp/0792754840
Click here to find out more info about The Autism Helper Professional Development Membership:https://theautismhelper.com/membership-2021/
Want more information about The Autism Helper Courses? Visit:theautismhelpercourses.com
Looking for a specific product or resource? Visit The Autism Helper store on TpT: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Autism-Helper
Get all updates from The Autism Helper Podcast by clicking subscribe above. Head over totheautismhelper.comfor more info. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest @theautismhelper.