The Executive Functions Masterclass
What This Course Includes:
- Modules with over 35 video lessons
- Each topic is broken into short, actionable videos
- Concepts are explained in a user-friendly way
- Ready to use templates, handouts, and behavior tools
- 8 continuing education hours for teachers or 8 CEUs for BACB/ASHA
Here’s a peek into The Executive Functions Masterclass
What are Executive Functions?
Identifying Executive Function Challenges
Strategies by Skill
Data and Staff Training
Access your course from our website or from our app!
Let’s learn about Executive Functions…
The Executive Functions Toolkit
This toolkit was designed to go along with the Executive Function Masterclass. The expansive collection of resources includes general tools that will work across all executive function skill areas, as well as differentiated extension activities for specific executive function skill areas. These tools span skills level and provide a wide variety of options.
Looking for School Licenses?
From Past Course Participants
"Sasha is very relatable and you can tell she's 'been there, done that!' My favorite part is how she manages to explain and give examples within each short clip. I like that I can break it up to fit my schedule."
"It’s hard to pick one thing! I love all the resources that you provided that tie directly into what you were saying in the videos so I don’t have to try to re-create my own thing that lines up with your teaching."
"The course is engaging and makes sense. There were things I was already doing in the classroom and now I am able to put the 'why' behind the actions I was taking. "
"I LOVE the downloadable resources. I have downloaded every one so far and I plan to use them in my classroom."
"The course is easy to follow and the time-length is perfect to bite-off in between sessions with students and other meetings. The visuals and other resources have been great."
"Every year I try to increase my knowledge and skills to better teach my students and this was such a game changer! I feel more prepared to teach in ways I didn't even know about it!"
"This course integrates everything in a way that is accessible to my students while also making it managable for me as a teacher."
"My favorite part is the example videos and downloads. Wow! I can not believe all the great things that were included in this course."
The Autism Helper values evidence-based practices as the gold standard for providing instructional strategies for all learners.
The Autism Helper FAQs
Who is this course for?
What are the course objectives and agenda?
Course Learning Objectives:
- Participants will define what executive functioning skills are and how they develop.
- Participants will identify 3 causes of executive functioning deficits and how these deficits can impact learner performance.
- Participants will list the 11 executive functioning skills areas.
- Participants will identify 3 types of informal assessments that can be used when assessing a learner’s executive functioning skills.
- Participants will identify how to prioritize and select an executive functioning goal based upon assessment results.
- Participants will create an individualized Executive Functioning Skill Building Plan that identifies goals, develops a teaching procedure, and plans for environmental support and reinforcement.
- Participants will identify the 4 steps for creating an individualized instructional tool for teaching a specific skill related to an executive functioning skill area.
- Participants will identify and define 3 ways to adapt the environment in order to increase learner success in meeting expectations in their learning environment.
- Participants will identify and define 6 ways to adapt tasks in order to increase learner success in meeting expectations in their learning environment.
- Participants will identify and define 4 ways to adapt adult communication in order to increase learner success in meeting expectations in their learning environment.
- Participants will define what reinforcement is and is not.
- For all 11 executive functioning skill areas, participants will define the skill area, list at least 4 strategies to strengthen skills in that area, and identify at least 5 activities or tools that could be used to work on the skill area.
- Participants will identify 3 reasons why data is important.
- Participants will identify and define 6 steps for setting up a data collection system.
- Participants will define frequency and rubric data and identify when each type of data collection system should be used.
- Participants will analyze data scenarios and identify the next step that should be taken in the teaching process.
- Participants will list the steps in Behavior Skills Training in relation to teaching team members to follow an executive functions plan.
- 0-43 minutes: Module 1- All About Executive Functions
- 44-99 minutes: Module 2- Assessment
- 100-127 minutes: Module 3- Creating the Plan
- 128-214 minutes: Module 4- The Plan
- 215-437 minutes: Module 5- Strategies by Skill
- 438-492 minutes: Module 6- Data and Staff Training
When will I have access to this course?
If you have not received either email within 15 minutes, please check your spam folder first. If you cannot locate them there, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I earn continuing education credits for this course?
You can earn 8 continuing education hours upon completion of this course. School districts differ in what they will accept as a continuing education credit. It is up to each course participant to confirm that continuing education credits from The Autism Helper, Inc. will be approved by your school district.
Sasha Long, BCBA is an Authorized Continuing Education (ACE) provider from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. This course provides Type 2 continuing education credits.
ASHA CE Registry Submission: After you complete all course components, you will be directed to fill out a form requesting ASHA CEUs. Once you fill out the form indicating that you would like your participation reported to ASHA, The Autism Helper will prepare to submit your information to the ASHA CE Registry. The Autism Helper submits this completion information monthly [on the 15th of the month]. Please allow three weeks from the submission date by The Autism Helper for the course and ASHA CEUs to appear on your ASHA transcript.
This course is offered for 0.8 ASHA CEUs.
(Introductory Level, Professional Area)
ASHA CE Provider approval and use of the Brand Block does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products or clinical procedures.
What is included within the toolkit?
If I have a tech issue, how do I get help?
How can I request accommodations?
How do I cancel? Do you offer refunds?
In the event The Autism Helper is unable to host a course for any reason, all associated costs and fees will be refunded to the purchasers. In the event that The Autism Helper must reschedule the start of a course and the new date is unsatisfactory to the purchaser, a full refund of costs and fees will be issued upon the purchaser’s request to customerservice@
How can I leave you a complaint, feedback or ask questions?
Non-Financial Disclosures: There are no relevant non-financial disclosures.