Creating a Communication Rich Environment for Your Preschoolers
Course Learning Objectives:
- Identified what communication is and the importance of vocabulary.
- Listed types of Higher Order Thinking Questions and how to utilize each type.
- Explained best practices for play based instruction and how to collect data during play.
- Developed a plan for a purposeful and vocabulary driven read aloud.
- Listed components of discrete trial training and fluency instruction.
- Identified communication goals for a range of types of skill sets.
- Defined executive functioning skills and listed accommodations for challenges in these areas.
- 8:30 – 9:00: Introduction and What is Communication
- 9:00 – 10:00: Higher Order Thinking Questions
- 10:00 – 11:00: Play Based Learning
- 11:00 – 11:30: Utilizing the Read Aloud
- 12:30 – 1:30: Direct Instruction and Fluency Instruction
- 1:30 – 2:30: Communication Goals
- 2:30 – 3:30: Executive Functioning Skills
I’m Sasha Long! I’m a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and former special education teacher. I started The Autism Helper as a way to share ideas and strategies with teachers, parents, and clinicians. I am passionate about creating behavior plans that work, maintaining high educational expectations for all students, and developing easy to use systems to make it all possible. I know first hand how difficult the job of a special education teacher can be and I am here to help you make it easier!
Disclosures: Sasha Long, MA BCBA is the founder and president of The Autism Helper, Inc. and was a paid a speaking fee to present this virtual workshop for Douglas County Schools and no relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Answers to your Frequently Asked Questions
When will I have access to the course?
The live workshop will be available for the date you have registered. A recording will be sent and available for 6 months following the live session.
If I have a tech issue, how do I get help?
How can I leave you feedback or ask you questions?
Can accommodations be made for this course?
The Autism Helper, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 4 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Sign up to receive our latest news and announcements