My students and I love celebrating holidays in our classroom. Celebrating the holidays allows us to build lasting memories and they are a GREAT reason to have a party!
As fun as holiday parties can be, they can also be very challenging for my students because of the change in schedule/routine, unpredictable activities, and sometimes too much down time. To help keep my class parties structured and fun (and low prep for me), I use the Christmas Christmas Class Party Setup Kit from The Autism Helper. This kit is the easiest to prep and it ensures that our class party runs smoothly and fun!
The Christmas Class Party Setup Kit includes these amazing low prep resources that that are essential to our Christmas class party:
- Directions including shopping and material list
- Overall list of centers
- Schedule and group list to organize rotations
- Visual student mini schedules
- Visual directions for each station
- Materials for each activity
- 4 station and 5 station options
These resources do not require laminating, unless you’d like to, of course! Let me show you each resource and how I use it in my classroom for our parties:
Directions Including Shopping and Material List:
Overall List of Centers:
- Pro Tip: I show this list to my paraprofessionals ahead of time and have them choose which station they would like to prep for and implement during the party.
Schedule and Group List:
Visual Student Mini Schedules:
Visual Directions for Each Station:
Materials for Activities:
4 Station and 5 Station Option:
Pro Tip: I don’t always have enough staff to run 5 rotations during our class parties so I like to invite parents/caregivers and service providers to join in and help.
Let me know in the comments what you are most looking forward to during your Christmas class party. Feel free to ask any questions and I will get back to you. Thanks for reading!